Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Faithfulness

"If we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself."



2 Timothy 2:13
2009_9_07 059

Angela shared this verse with us this week through her website, Those with Young (www.thosewithyoung.com).


I do not remember ever reading that verse before.


It is easy to give up and become "faithless" in our lives.


I have been praying for one specific request for about 7 years.


There are times when I want to give up and forget it.


There are moments when I do not feel like trusting in God, times when I do not feel like He is even listening.


"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."


Hebrews 11:1


Being SURE and being CERTAIN.


Do I believe God's promises?  Am I sure and certain of His character?


"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him."


Hebrews 11:6


Why is it so difficult to earnestly seek Him every day?  God is faithful:  it is His Character.  I am trying to have faith, but it does not come naturally.


Life gets tough and confusing.


And even though I know that when troubles come I should turn to God, I often forget and try to get through the struggle on my own.


But even if I am faithless, He will remain faithful.  Because he cannot deny Himself.


"And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."


Matthew 28:20b


That is one of the most comforting verses in the Bible.


And so, I will continue to pray for my request.  My same request that I have been praying for all this time.


I may not see God working.


I may not know His plan.


But I will do my part:  trust in Him.  Have faith in Him.


And He will be faithful, for that is His character.

1 comment: