Monday, October 22, 2012

Pig Waterers and Other Exciting News

Well.  My blog transfer is going not-so-well.
As you can probably tell.
I spent many hours transferring over posts and everything was all honkey-dorey.  But then, as soon as I redirected traffic to the new site, all my pictures disappeared.
Which is unfortunate.
I am not sure what I am going to do about it all, but for now, I thought I would do a test post to see if I could get new pictures to load.
Hence the post you are reading.

We are now the proud owners of seven pigs.  I had a picture, but it is loading all sideways.
See?

Why does life have to be so hard?
Anyways.
David unloaded each pig and each pig SCREAMED and SQUEALED.  It was truly horrific.  I was quite sure they were going to eat him right then and there.
 
David sent me to town to get a pig waterer from the farm and ranch store.  Because this is my life now.  I used to go buy earrings.
Now I buy pig waterers.
But, shopping is shopping.
The farm and ranch worker was asking me all sorts of really hard questions.  Like when were they born and how big were they and why did we think we needed seven pigs?
I knew none of the answers.
Daisy Mae knew all of them.
 
So, this weekend was full of swine, painting (yes!  PAINTING!), and a family movie night.
During the movie night, Daisy Mae asked to do my hair.
She was pretty sure her new hairstyle deserved to be pinned on Pinterest.
Again.
I have been blogging for three years.  I really know how to do insert a picture.
Why?
WHY?
See the peach wall behind me?
 
Soon it will be no more.
 
Amen.
 
And why is that picture normal?  I ask you?  I think I am too old for blogging now.
Oh, and my blog is probably going to be a bit iffy for awhile as I sort through this whole transfer mess.  If you get confused, it might help to follow me on Facebook.  I can give updates there even if the blog is down.
 
 
 
 


7 comments:

  1. I did find a link saying that if you change from wordpress to blogger, you will never be able to delete the old blog because the photo links will all go there. So I don't know if that is bad news or if you can work around that. In between watering pigs, that is. ;)
    http://www.labnol.org/internet/switch-from-blogger-to-wordpress/9707/

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look skinny in that picture. why for do you make me exercise with you every 5 weeks or so?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totes. I was going to say the same thing except the part about her making me exercise with her.

      Delete
    2. I'm with you and the skinny woman picture! don't think she even needs to bother exercising every 5 weeks!

      P.S. Once you sort out your blog, can you get rid of the word verification thing on the comments? Yikes!

      Delete
  3. Oh dear. I would not survive the pigs.
    I hope your blog ordeal will work out soon...what a pain! If you think Mike might be helpful, send an email; I know he would not mind helping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pigs. And the screaming. And the sideways pictures. I think you deserve a coffee at Starbucks. Or an ice cream. The last picture tells me that you should definitely go for the ice cream. Just glad you are still writing as you transfer over. It will all smooth out about the time you get your walls painted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck!! I hate the technical blog stuff, it always messes up and then takes years of my life to sort out, so hopefully you'll do better than me! And for a moment I thought you were painting the pigs, which would have been adorable, just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete