Tuesday, September 27, 2011

No, I won't make out with you!

It is Tuesday.  And here are today's top stories.

1)  I finished watching Lost.  All I can say is, "eh?  Come again?"  I stayed up until 2am Saturday night watching it.  Obsess much?

2)  Actually, I stayed up until 1am watching it and then I had stayed up for an hour longer googling:

"What on earth happened during the last episode of Lost?"

Clearly, I was lost.  (pun quite intended.)

3)  My mother-in-law texted (yes!  texted!  she's so hip!) me and said, and I quote:

"Was wondering if we could get some or all of the kids for some or part of this weekend?"

Exsqueeze me?  Baking powder?  (Name that movie)  No!  You cannot have my mother-in-law.  She is for me.

4)  Since my last post, my dad and I have been texting (yes!  texting!  he's so hip!) each other Chuck Norris jokes.  It is our new form of bonding.

Chuck Norris.  Bringing families together since 2011.

Lovely reader, Katie Brn- who mysteriously has no vowels in her last name, making her a phonetic anomaly, shared this lovely joke:

Chuck Norris had a bet with Superman on who was the strongest. The loser had to wear their underwear outside their pants.

Ha!  I liked it.

5)  Fun Fact:  I don't even really know who Chuck Norris is.  Is he a real person or a movie character?

I cannot be certain.  But I like the jokes nonetheless.

6)  You know what's really fun?  Sitting next to David on the dock while he is fishing and watching him try to be uber serious and all pro-fisherman like. Did you know that you are not supposed to talk while fishing?  Anyways.  What's loads of fun is to wait until he is deep in thought and spearing a worm and shout:

"No, I won't make out with you!"

Name THAT movie.

6)  David LOVES me.  See?



His joy overfloweth.

7)  I was Zumba-ing today and Handsome Dude came in for a bit.  Yes!  I have Zumba-d for 5 days in a row now!  No!  I do not look any better!

Anyways.  He was watching the ladies on the Zumba, and one of the ladies' belly was showing.

Scandalous!

HD:  Mom!  Look at her belly!

Me (trying to salsa and whatnot):  Huh?

HD:  Her belly!  It looks so different!

And he's touching the screen and trying to figure out how a belly could look so . . . trim.  So.  I'm gonna guess that my belly does not look like Zumba girl's.

Bummer.

Happy Tuesday!

 

30 comments:

  1. I don't have a rumba belly either. And I only have two kids. And they are grown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a Zumba belly either. And I only have two kids. And they are grown. Of course that means they don't live at home so they rarely see my belly. They are grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh look...that darn auto spell. I thought I deleted the rumba belly post before it sent. Obviously not. Rumba bellys are probably alot like Zumba bellys, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am missing out! I have a deep love for chuck norris jokes, so now I have to go back and see what I'm missing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taylor! What is the name of the app! I must know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe it is "aptly" (get it ?) named "Chuck Norris Jokes"

    ReplyDelete
  7. We went to see Cathy Rigby in Peter Pan a few weeks ago. I was amazed that a 59 year old could do all that stuff. My 9 year old was wowed that Tiger Lily had such awesome abs...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't get the Chuck Norris Jokes.

    I'm so sorry!

    I try to see the humor! I work hard at it.

    And yet, I sit there dumbly staring at the computer without even a glimmer of a smile because i don't get them! (except the underwear Superman one. THAT one I got!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Incase you don't read my blog, my eldest daughter (18yrs)moved home this past week..."yay happy mummy dance"...So of course the first thing I make her do...besides empty the dishwasher and spend "rebonding time" with her 3yr old sister is ready your blog...She is a new addict and now we share are fave Taylor stories during our long drives to town hehe....She is also a Chuck Norris Joked fan...So to ruin the post for her, I am going to go tell her the superman one and then casually let it slip you have a new blog entry :)

    Blessings Kelsie

    PS: As the daughter of a fisherman (the commercial type fishing like Deadilest Catch)...It is more than ok to talk....the fish don't care....some fishermen however seem to enjoy the quiet so will lie and say it scares the fish...If a 32ft boat with a thudding diesel engine does not bother them, then a little chatter will not either...Sorry Lumberjack I just blew your cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear. I am proud of you and impressed that you are doing your Zumba. When I was lying down with Eliana the other night she had her head on my shoulder and was looking up at me. She giggled and poked her pointer finger into that lovely soft skin under my chin and said,"You have two chins!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. my kids like to tell Chuck Norris jokes but they substitute with their dad's name. It is pretty accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your MIL is amazing. I should have picked out one like that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. In order to read this post, I had to override Net Nanny blocking it due to its content containing "Intimate Apparel."

    The things I do to keep up with your life.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Because of Supermans underwear??

    ReplyDelete
  15. No, I'm pretty sure the culprit was the Zumba lady's "bra thingie." :) Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Shoot! I was flagged for adult content!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want to be a phonetic anomaly! It sounds so cool!

    I love what you shouted while hubby was fishing ... Chuck Norris, eat your heart out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's a happy day for me when there's a new post from The Lumberjack's Wife in my inbox!

    Does that make me sound grateful? Or pathetic?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful, Taylor - the pun was bad 'nuff, but to add the "Get it?" is classic. You be one very funny woman.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I actually find it's acceptable to shout "no, I won't make out with you" during almost any situation.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lmbo! All of it. All of it was funny! Thank you for blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  22. True story...when we moved to Texas, we had problems setting up our cable. It worked for a day, then it stopped and all we could get was static, except for the channel that was broadcasting Walker Texas Ranger. It came in as clear as can be! Moral of the story: Chuck Norris is more powerful than a cable outage.

    ReplyDelete
  23. AAAAIIIIIIEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

    She said my name! well she typed it but she typed my name! I feel like a superstar.

    And did you know that there are Vin Diesel jokes too? Basically insert Vin Diesel in any Chuck Norris joke that doesn't involve round house kicks or "beard."

    Did you know that under Chuck Norris' beard in another fist?

    Also (don't roundhouse kick me for picking on religion) . . .

    Did you know that Chuck Norris was the 4th wise man? He gave Jesus the gift of beard which he proudly displayed until he died (and arose). The other wise men were so jealous they wrote Chuck out of the Bible. All three were mysteriously killed by roundhouse kicks. Bwaa hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  24. And the Brn is for Brunhilda, because I have a deep respect for my German ancestors. . . even if none of them were cool enough to be named Brunhilda. Nope! I just had to keep adding letters to distinguish myself from the other Kool Kats named Katie out there!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Exsqueeze me, baking powder? Love me a good Wayne's World reference.

    And you are super funny.

    The end.

    ReplyDelete
  26. chuck norris is a real person...don't feel bad, my belly isn't "trim" either, not even close!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gianna, I read your comment and knew it was you before I went back and read your name. I always skip the commentors names because I'm efficient like that.

    Gianna and I know each other IRL. Which means "in real life". Keep up!

    ReplyDelete