Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Fact Check, 2010

Just a quick little post I need to do to make some corrections.


It is my duty to bring you nothing but useless, yet factual, information.


1)  In my post yesterday, I mentioned James referring to BBDs as underwear.


Well, my friends, I have a hearing problem.


It is true.


I am nearly deaf in one ear.


Turns out he was saying BVDs, and according to two very reliable sources , BVDs stand for Bradley Voorhees and Day.


And apparently they are, in fact, underwear.


There you go.


You learn something new everyday.


2)  I blabbed to everyone what Jason's nickname was in my post Jas-Bud-Dooter-Tooter.


Remember Jason?



I made the mistake of going to The Lumberjack, Jason's loving older brother,  to find out what Jason's nicknames were.


I already knew of Jas-Bud.


The Lumberjack informed me that Jason's other nickname was Dooter Tooter.


Turns out, Jason's other nickname was actually Putt-Putt.


Interruption:  Let's pause for a moment to admire my mother-in-law's creativity with nicknames for her offspring.


Thank you.


Guess whose nickname was, in fact, Dooter Tooter.



Nice try, Lumberjack.


Or should I say Nice try, Dooter-Tooter.


Nice try.


3)  I have recently won two thingie-ma-bobs in the blogging world.


Whaaat?!


Crazy.


First, I won the sunshine award from Rebecca D.


Go say Hi! to Rebecca!


And secondly, I won a cookie sheet in a giveaway from Jo at Blog-Diggity and CSN Stores.


Go say Hi! to Jo!


4)  And finally, there is one very important picture I would like to close with.


Just for kicks and grins.


 



That there is my super cool pal, Sarah.


Holding a t-shirt honoring wolves.


You can't get much cooler than wolves.


100 (meaningless) points to anyone who can guess why I felt the need to snap a picture of this shirt.


Hint:  It has to do with a tv show.


Happy Tuesday!


This is Taylor, signing off.

9 comments:

  1. Good try, Dooter-Tooter, passing that one off on your brother. I'd try and dump it off on someone else, too, especially a little brother! But alas, the truth shall come to light eventually. Putt-Putt ratted you out.
    As for the wolves, I have NO idea! I'm clueless and haven't even got a good guess, which is TRAGIC, because I'm leaving the first comment! ARGH! Foiled again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dwight!!! i had forgotten, thanks for the reminder - LOVE that episode!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Sarah, I was in fact (here's a fun fact for you to use) a cheerleader with her in high school :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must be moms of boys...my husband and his brothers are punkydoo, big short biggy, and piggy boy. No clue. Well, except piggyboy-that one is self explanatory.

    I'm thinking The Office.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can not fault you for getting BBD and BVD confused, I was just trying to figure out why James was telling us that he did not pack his undies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The comments on your blog always crack me up. This time I have nothing significant or funny or intelligent to add. I'm thinking that your husband's and his brother's nicknames might have similar origins? They sound like a twist on one theme. haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. That part about the nickname had me laughing out loud... at work... good thing no one's around! I should really be getting back.. to work that is... lunch break over!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy (Jase-Bud's Girlfriend)March 24, 2010 at 7:13 AM

    Hi Taylor!

    Ok, true confession to the blogging world, I have been a "pretend" reader for quite some time now. There are a few pieces of business I need to take care of:
    1) Thank you for making me and my lack of pronunciation skills famous!
    2)That picture of Jason is seriously hilarious. I am proud to be Snarkel, I mean Snorkel Boy's honey.
    3)Happy Birthday to Handsome Dude and Daisy Mae!
    4) I don't know about you, but that T-shirt looks all too familiar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I gotta start having more kids, so I can catch up to your family's the cuteness. Geez.

    ReplyDelete