Wednesday, November 24, 2010

9 Pairs of Underwears.

 

Here is your daily snow picture:



I saw a bunch of frantic turkeys the other day.  Poor animals.  I wonder where they go in this arctic tundra?


I am finally going to finish answering all the questions.  I hope I remembered everyone!


From Gina


Have your girls starting borrowing “your things” and then go crazy when you ask to borrow something of theirs? (your girls may still be a little young for this one so if they are…)
I would love to say that I can fit into a girls size 7.   And I know I appear to be petite and all . . . but, no.  We cannot yet share clothes


Daisy Mae is constantly begging to wear my long, dangly, costume earrings.  However, I have known this child a long time and have seen her walk straight into walls and fall down for no apparent reason.


She can't handle the costume earrings.


We share ponytail holders.


How often do you and LJ have a “date night” (no kiddos)?


Once every 3 months or so.


Boo.  Lame.  Boo.


From Katie B:


Do you write letters to Santa?


I finally stopped.  I am beginning to think he isn't real.


When do you put up decorations?


Around the first of December.


When do you allow Christmas music to start being played/sang in the house/car?


Mariah Carey has been performing here daily for us every since the snow fell.


All I Want for Christmas is You, baby.


From Heather (not the nurse and not living in ND)


Hi Taylor! (I’m yelling at my computerish device now)


1. Do you and the LJ fight or have arguments over stupid stuff? If so, I will require an example.


Never.  We live in perfect harmony.


He's thrilled whenever I complain, whine, or give him safety lectures and I'm dazzled each time he uses severed deer heads to taunt me, leaves the toilet paper roll empty, sneaks food that I made onto the kids plates when he doesn't care for it, and chases 400 pound pigs down the highway.


Here's a question for you, readers.


My husband has the strangest system with his clothes. 


 Dirty clothes, of course, go in the hamper.


Clean clothes hung in the closet.


But . . . he also has a "kind of clean/kind of dirty" section.  These clothes just get thrown in a pile on the floor of the closet.


If I hang them up, he gets mad.  Because they are not truly clean.  If I wash them, I am silly.  Because they weren't really dirty.  I feel that if he is willing to wear them again, hanging them up is feasible.


Is the Lumberjack insane?  I vote yes.


2. Are you ever going to share with us what two things you are not allowed to blog about? Inquiring minds need to, nay must know!


Do you want my husband to kill me?


There is a lot of weaponry in this house.


3. If you weren’t a super awesome stay at home mom/homeschool teacher/dog trainer/cook/maid/supervisor/task master, what would your dream job be? What would the LJ’s dream job be?


I would like to be an ultrasound technician who worked minimal hours and made maximum dollars.  Ideally, I would love to go to the gym and frequent it 5 times a week.  My husband would take me on lavish vacations each year.  And I would never have a bad hair day.


LJ is not here.  But, it is safe to say that he truly wants to be a logger.


That is all. Over and out!


10-4, Heather not the nurse and not living in ND.


From Gianna


Do you have a lawn to mow? And if you do, who does it?


Our new place does not have grass.  It has bushes and weeds.  Our well doesn't produce enough water to actually water a lawn, so we will not ever have one.


LJ is hoping to bulldoze it all and plant "prairie grass."


Or whatever in the heck that is.


He's weird.


We have to regularly mow the other house . . . you know . . . the cute one in town by the lake? 


I try to mow, but I can't ever start the lawn mower.


Darn.


From Mindee


My questions:
1) Why are the pictures on your blog suddenly bigger? Are you getting all fancy pants on us?


Fancy is my middle name.


2) What is the liquid Taylor? What IS the liquid?


(This was from a comment I left on Mindee's blog.  It refers to puddles of mysterious liquid that has toilet paper soaked into it and can be oft found on the floor of public restrooms.)


Urine, Mindee.


The liquid is urine.


Wash your hands.


From JoAnne:


Why is buying a house so much work? I am exhausted. Why do they want to see my third grade report card before they give me a loan?


I don't know.  All I know is that when we bought our house, I had worry diarrea for a week.


Mostly because I was worried I would have to move to Ruralville.


When are you guys coming to visit?


When you properly invite me.


What is your favorite recipe, for like, food?


I can't say.  Basically, because I am an amazing cook and all my recipes are just from my brilliant mind and can never be duplicated.


But to give you an idea on what you are missing out on, each night, my husband praises me and my mad wifely skills and my kids declare themselves blessed to be birthed from my loins.


From Christina


If that is your messy house then I don’t know if we can be friends.
Are we friends?


Yes.


 I always thought of us as friends, even though we’ve never met.
Can we be friends?


Yes.


Even though my house is about 78 times messier than yours?


It's not.
What is your favorite line from a movie? (That is for each of you.)


LJ is not here.  His probably has to do with guns and shooting and whatnot.


I have too many to pick just one.


Today, I'm liking:


"I made my family disappear."


Name that movie.


From Debra


Do you like beets? And if so, or even if not, how do you get the beet stain out of the carpet?


No and clear ammonia mixed with hot water takes lots of oopsies out of carpet.


Not that I know about oopsies on carpet.  LucyFur.


From Calfkeeper


I have a question (and an answer to one of the questions above): How do you convince a 3 and 1/2 yr old who’s just been potty trained that she can’t go commando the rest of her life, she needs to wear panties under her pants, dresses…etc?


Well.  I bought my son 9 pairs of new underwear to encourage him to like underwear.


And he tried to put all 9 pairs on at once.


So, I am not a good person to ask.


From Melissa


What is a "Carhartt?"


Oh, Melissa.  You could not be a Lumberjack's wife.  Nor an electrician's.


Carhartt is a brand of heavy duty work clothing.


My husband has classified his Carhartt collection into two categories.


The first is "Work Carhartts."


Work Carhartts are what he wears every day of his life.  They are torn and ripped from where drills have gone through them and chainsaws have knicked them.  They have 65 convenient pockets, of which I always miss one and end up washing a fuse or two.


A little electrical phrasology there for you.


The second is "Dressy Carhartts."


These are the Carhartts that are kept spanking new for occasions such as weddings, funerals, and any other event where I tell him he has to wear a button down shirt and he throws a fit and says, "Fine.  But I am wearing my dressy Carhartts."


It's all about compromise, people.



Dressy Carhartts still have the added bonus of many, convenient pockets.



None of my pants can hold sippy cups.


Holla, Carhartts!


Holla.


Happy Wednesday!


***

24 comments:

  1. I made my family disappear is from Home Alone. Have a great Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hilarious.
    My husband has the same clothing system! Except he throws his slightly worn clothes on the top shelf where I can't reach them, but sometimes the pile gets so big that some of it falls on my head when i go in the closet, and I occasionally he asks me where an item of clothing is, and it is in his PILE that is so BIG that he doesn't even have CLOTHES left to wear.
    This is why women go insane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband has that clothing pile in our room too. Fortunately for him, there are a lot of various and sundry piles in our room so it blends right in.

    As for the liquid - I was afraid of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to chime in... I absolutely have a "kind of clean/kind of dirty" clothing system as well. And my wife also hates it. Must be a guy thing.

    It makes perfect sense though... they're good for another wear or 2 so there's no sense in washing them yet, but I would never fold and put already-worn clothes back in the dresser. That's ridiculous. So mine get piled on my nightstand or keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. My. Goodness. I thought my husband was the only one with the insane laundry system. What the poop?! Everyone knows the floor is for dirty clothes!!! I hate that pile. It's on the bench/floor at the end of my bed, and it makes me crazy. I just loosely fold everything, and toss it on the shelf above his hanging clothes in his closet. I wish so badly we had our own closets... his stuff drives me insane. I'm working on a plan, but I need a bookcase first. Yes, a bookcase to move the stuff that is on the shelving in my closet out, so I can pick up his stuff and give him more room. This will also solve the three stuffed gadget drawers in my kitchen that you can't find anything in anymore... then I can use my kitchen shelving to store that stuff, because my cookbooks will be moved to the bookcase. All my organization is pending on a bookcase find on craigslist... there are always bookcases on craigslist... until I started looking for one three months ago--since then, there have been NONE. NADA. ZILCH. ZIP. ZERO.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish my husband had work Carhartts and dress Carhartts... instead he has work and dress camouflage. I am about ready to forbid any camo unless he is leaving the house to actually hunt or fish. I hate camo. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. typo alert! feasible misspelled. holla! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word! I'm so happy to find out that my hubby isn't as domestically challenged as I believed. What up with the laundry midden? I have even give him lessons on where dirty clothes go and I've shown him how to operate hangers. He still has a pile of clothes located ten feet away from the dirty clothes hamper that he says are "somewhere in between". UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear. I've fallen into the "guy" category. I have the same pile. In my defense, it's always and only jeans, or wooly sweaters that get worn for an hour in the evening.

    Surely the turkeys will be going into hiding? Be glad your LJ hasn't bagged one 'just in case' you're snowed in for thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have started something!! MY husband has clean and worn once or twice. Bad thing is...since we have a 2 story house, all the "not so dirty" clothes end up on the couch, the coat hooks or the kitchen chairs. I wish mine would put his in a pile in the bedroom...UPSTARS!!! At least they would be out of the way and the rest of the house would look good if we had company pop in. Oh WAIT, I live in RURALVILLE, too. We don't have company popping in!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the "Holla!" craze has started, Taylor!! Apparently you're cooler than me, though because I've been using it for ages, and I'm still the only one that says it.... you've got all sorts of people saying it!

    Also, I was totally convinced I knew where you lived... and now... and now... with all that snow? I'm not sure. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my I've been cracking up at your post today!! I started listening to Christmas music today with the kiddos, I can't help it with all the snow. But as soon as hubby gets home I know it's over because I'm married to Scrooge and he is not a fan of Christmas music. Phooey. Anyhew, I was laughing hard today and I just love ya!! Also, it must definitely be some man thing because Brian does the same thing. His kinda dirty kinda clean clothes either go on my hope chest at the end of the bed or on top of his dresser. Most, by the way, end up NOT being worn again and I wash them in a week. But alas, what am I to do?? :) Ah, yes, dear, you have started something for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Home Alone...we always watch it Thanksgiving night.

    Are you getting out of the house for Thanksgiving dinner or is it elk meatloaf for you and yours? I'm worrying about it for you.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My hubby and I, too, have the same clothing system. We put our slightly worn clothes over a desk chair in our bedroom. That is my way of being 'green'...:)...haha
    My favorite movie line(s) 'Say hello to my little friend'...duh! SCARFACE and weirdly enough 'Lights! Lights would be good here!' Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman

    HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My husband has the same system. If he isn't around to answer my "Can I wash this?" question, I just wash it, and that's the end of that. We now have a footstool in the closet where the clothing-in-limbo lie.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Why do men do that, like so many others my husband has the same pile. The thing is he NEVER wears them again, but they will sit there for weeks, I tell ya weeks, until I finally get tired of tripping over it and just wash the dang pile and then hang them back up.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Heather D (not the nurse and not living in ND)November 25, 2010 at 10:38 AM

    I thought I was the only one that had a husband with the "not dirty enough to wash pile". It drives me NUTS! He gets irritated with me if I wash something from this pile. He then proclaims that it could have been worn again. I just kindly remind him that he should be thankful he has such a lovely wife to do all of his laundry for him and to not complain about it.
    Tehehehe.....worry diahrea. That's gross.

    ReplyDelete
  18. we have a special drawer for clothes in limbo. i get in trouble for washing them too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yep, we have the system here on the Ponderosa. We have the manure flingin' farm Carhartts that never leave the farm. Then the Hubby wears to work gonna be seen in public Carhartts.

    Me...I only have a Carhartt hoodie and coveralls that I would never ever been seen off the farm in. They are only for the eyes of Hubs, Strongbacks (farm hands) and wild~eyed cattle! Heeheehehe!

    When my daughter Social Butterfly was growin' up what was her's was her's and what was mine was also hers.....so she thought! She couldn't get enough of her big bros closet either.

    God bless ya and have a stupendous day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I did ask you a question! I wasn't crazy!
    Thanks for putting up with all my complaints that you didn't answer my question and then second guessing myself that I even sent you a question!
    You. Are. The. BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  21. If I was guessing, I'd say most husbands are the same with their dirty/clean clothes. Mine just leaves clothes on a pile on the bedroom floor and when I wash them (because I'm such a good wife!), he asks why I washed them because they were still clean.

    Odd. Men...!

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete