Friday, August 27, 2010

Ahoy! Log Pirates!

The youngsters got haircuts this week, so I thought I would share some before and after pictures with you all.



Handsome Dude, looking uber handsome per usual.


He didn't have too much hair to cut.  This is because his father, bless his heart, gets a little razor happy when he is bored.


Remember the incident with our Little Dude last spring?


Tragic.



Ooooh-la-la!


That is one Dapper Dan.



Daisy Mae's before.


Fun Fact:  When Daisy Mae was a toddler, her hair grew in as a mullet.  And it would grow no other way.


And believe it or not, mullets are never cute, not even on cute toddlers named Daisy Mae.


If you or a loved one enjoy the look of mullets, then I apologize for I mean you no ill-will.



Look at Daisy Mae and her "goin' to town" hair!


Take that, Mullets!



Little Dude.


Little Dude was not pleased to be getting his hair cut.



"Mother!  Oh, the humanity!  Mother!  Save me!"



Now, this picture is a treat.


I believe one of my lovely daughters captured this moment in time.


The lady in black is the hairdresser.  The large hands holding gum as a bribe while also restraining the poor child by his neck would be the hands of his loving mother.


But restraining was a necessity, dear readers.


He was wailing and thrashing and gnashing and screaming.


I know it sounds cruel.  But he really needed a trim.



"Is it over?"



He's such a turkey.


Aaaaannnnnnndddd . . . . I love him.



Sweet Pea's turn!


Fun Fact:  Even though Sweet Pea was only born yesterday, she is already 7 and 1/2 years old!  Amazing!



It was too much fanciness to take home to Ruralville.


So, we made a day of it and stayed in town!


***


And now, to clear up some confusions on the ol' blog.


Liquid gold=breastmilk.


=Peanut butter.  I hope.


=$800 if the Lumberjack chooses to sell it.


Thank you and I apologize for all the confusions.


***


And now, it is time for the COW (comment of the week)



This week's winner is JoAnn:


You are making wood sound like precious treasure. It makes me want to be a Log Pirate. A Log Pirate is something I just invented, and basically it’s a person who wears an eye patch and sneaks around after midnight, loading up wood from Lumberjacks woodpiles and hauling them off to sea. Hide yo kids. Hide yo wife, cause they’re stealing everybody’s wood out here.


Oh, she is so silly.


Alright.


  I must go plan out my school lessons!


We start in T minus 11 days!


Later, Dudes!

25 comments:

  1. Your children are beautiful!! Missing you :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moo!

    I mean...uh...GAR! Scurvy dog! We come to steal your booty and we means that thar liquid gold ya keep gabbin' on about. Now, let's have it, then, or we'll take away yar lumberjack's pile o' wood what he prizes so much! Avast! What's that ye say? Liquid gold is what?

    Retreat men! RETREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Another cow!
    Soon I shall have a fully functional dairy, thanks to you sweet Lumberjill. Thanks. I will send you some milk when I get it started...not the liquid gold kind though, because A) I have none, and B) that would be creepy.
    Did you know what song I was referencing with the Hide Yo Kids? I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally, I think you are an amazingly talented blogger. Who else could find a pirate cow?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's no wonder Little Dude doesn't like haircuts after his dad nearly scalped him last spring.

    Your kids are gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well well well....getting spendy are we? ;) I am guessing avoiding the clipper tragedy was worth the $$ spent on salon do's....I'd probably do the same thing. 4 FAB Hair Cuts- A Wad of dollars... no mom in mourning over her son's precious hair...priceless. For everything else, there's mastercard. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pirate cow! And your kids look so good! I fear that poor Little Dude may never enjoy a haircut though -

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have some good looking kiddos, Taylor.

    I especially love the photo of your hand on your son's neck. That, my friend, is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kiddos look so cute! I love the curls on your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a great weekend, Taylor. :)

    Marla @ www.asthefarmturns.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Similar bribing of a small boy to part with his hair may have happened here. Fortunately, no evidence . . . um, pictures remain of the alleged incident. However, now, sitting the child in front of a movie has proved very effective for clippering around the ears. Score for Mom! (And no need for CPS.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your kids are too adorable! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute haircuts :) We put the screaming children who don't want their hair cut on our laps, the hairdresser puts an extra "magic cape" (I don't remember what they're called) and the wiggly kids are easier to restrain.

    So where was this log pirate when we had a pile of wood to get rid of? We had a friend with a new woodburner come and pick it up, a log pirate would have been sooo much more fun. BTW, I like this guy's woodburner, it's outside the house and it's as big as a shed. I like that it's on the outside of the house because then I wouldn't feel like the house is going to burn down. But then again, I don't have to fill it in winter. Give and take, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I especially love that Little Dude is showing everyone that his mommy didn't do any harm to his neck while she was holding him still.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A Cow with a pirate eye patch?? You are amazing. And, the kids were WAY to spiffed up for just plain ole Ruralville! Do anything fun in town??
    P.S. I was never confused about anything mentioned that might have been confusing to others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful kids, taylor!! good luck with school!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I still get nervous about haircuts. A bad haircut is disastrous — right up there with "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" and McDonald's at 5:30 p.m. on any Friday evening.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Derek started crying at his last haircut. So the guy gave him a lollipop, and then he cried because he had a hairy lollipop.

    Love LD's post-cut pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. ohhhmygosh that hide yo kids hide yo wife is from a hilarious video on youtube!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Why am I so relieved to know what you plan to do with all of that wood? Why are my thoughts so involved in your life? I find that disturbing...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've been busy but I have found you and added you to my favorite blogs once again! :) Did the e-mail you sent me never turn up? I have looked EVERYWHERE and I never received it! Weirdness!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the cow! LOVE it! even more than Gladys.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well I guess that surely wasnt liquid gold smeared all over his face then now was it! Oh my to funny Oops:)
    Love the curls on the girls & love the new cow photo.
    & hats off to The Musicians Wife, I would totaly be giving you comment of the week hell month for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. you HAVE been updating... I came here because I thought you hadn't posted in awhile. Turns out your posts just aren't showing up in my feed at all. I'll try unsubscribing and re-subscribing... Sorry I missed a bunch of your posts. I LOVE the girl's curls.

    ReplyDelete