Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hath Spring Sprung?






 Why, yes!


I think it hath.


Is he licking the playground equipment?



Yes.


After much consideration, I do believe that Little Dude is licking the playground equipment.


100 (meaningless) points to whomever can guess which child of mine got his shoes and lack of socks on all by himself today?



Bonus points to anyone who can guess whose temporarily fixed glasses are now permanently broken glasses.


Don't let me down, people.


I know you can do this.


And now, some action shots.


To dazzle and delight, if you will.



 





Now, wasn't that exciting?


Let's have a moment of silence and awe for my awesome photography skills.


Thank you.


We can resume our photographic journey now.



Time for a head count!


I do this often.


There was an old woman who lived in a shoe . . . she had so many children she didn't know what to do . . .


(Finish that rhyme)


Yikes!



Only 3!



Has anyone wondered where Sweet Pea has been this whole time?


Anyone?


Is anyone reading this?



*clap, clap*


Hello?



Am I talking to myself?


Wait a tick!



Do you see that child wearing the awful bright orange shirt?


The one raising her hand?



Can you see her?


The one still raising her hand?



That child is my Sweet Pea.



Soccer player extraordinaire.



And you thought I lost her.


***


Random Topic Quick-Change!


I would like to introduce you to a new segment on this blog, entitled,


"Life Lessons by Taylor."


If and when you decide to remodel your laundry room . . .



And your manly man is stuck in the vicious cycle of sheet rock mudding and sanding and mudding and sanding and so on and so forth . . .


Do not, I repeat do not, let your Handsome Dude ride his rocket ship around the misplaced washer and dryer.


Particularly when the washing machine is filling with water.



Apparently the little hosey-thing-a-ma-bobs can come loose!


Who knew?!



And they can spray water something fierce.


Which is tragic, seeing as how I don't know how to stop it.


So, I screamed.


Then I ran in place.


Then I unplugged a few things and held the hose upright, so as to stop the spraying, of course.


I deemed this situation, "Calling the Lumberjack at Work" worthy.


And darn my luck, he was working in Timbuktu, and his cell was out of service.


Then I had a thought . . . Jason!


Jason works with The Lumberjack!


Remember Jason?


IMG_3258


(Ha!   Sure fooled you.)


So, Jason talked me through my crisis.


Let's give Jason a warm round of applause!



Want to know something sad?


Daisy Mae was trying to tell me where the hose went and I didn't believe her.


Turns out she was right.


Happy Thursday!

23 comments:

  1. Ok, first let me say that I LOVE the new picture of Jason. It gave me a chuckle just as much as the other one. I think that you should rotate them or even better come up with new and exciting pictures of him:)

    Second, my little guy NEVER wears socks. Even in the dead of winter. I carry them in my purse in case he ever decides he needs them which isn't often. I have told him that his next pair of sneakers, he will be required to wear socks as his sneakers stink. And I don't mean just have an odor. I mean smell like work boots that have been worn by a man working outside in 100 degree heat in a swamp smell! I am actually just happy if he puts his shoes on the right feet as usually only happens 50% of the time.

    As for glasses, feel your pain. Finally went to eye doctors, look for an update on that fun trip in the near future.

    And finally, I say little dude is licking his hand not playground equipment. Go with that one, because it may make you feel better:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you and lj wear contacts? just wondered about that as two of your kids have glasses and i havent seen pics of either of you with glasses....great actions shots btw!! those are hard to get!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. I wasn't worried about the absence of one child because it was one of the older ones. Had your pictures been missing one of the dudes, I would have been panicking long before you addressed it on your blog.

    I also do head counts. And when we get in the van, we do roll call. My youngest does the call, and he does it according to the people he sees in the van. Therefore, if they aren't seen in the van, their name isn't called, and no one remembers that we lost someone.

    And yet I still have six kids. Isn't that amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh. It looks like Jason came in handy.

    Congrats on finding Daisy Mae's future career. She's surely a lumberjack in the making!

    Marla @ www.asthefarmturns.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you ran in place. Yes, I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A little equipment-licking won't hurt him a bit...so long as he keeps that big smile on his face!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Screaming and running in place are often dismissed as inappropriate responses to crisis. I would have to disagree, as it seems exactly the correct thing to do in many situations, as you correctly displayed in the laundry room situation. Kudos to you, Taylor Mal-a-blah-blah for your mad skills! Holla!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thelumberjackswifeApril 15, 2010 at 1:46 AM

    Fact Check:
    I hope I did not confuse anyone . . . is anyone wondering why I called, or more accurately texted, Jason?
    Jason works at the same company as The Lumberjack, but Jason has better cell coverage, so I was hoping they were working together.
    But, alas.
    They were not.
    Which is precisely why Jason, in all his kindness, talked me, or more accurately, texted me through my crisis.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I wish I knew the answers to all your questions, but as my first time stopping by, I don't yet know how many children you have! :) I'll have to catch up.

    Finally, someone who can quote The Jerk as well as me! Yay! Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures! I am so glad that Spring has sprung. Glad your crisis was short lived.

    -FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  11. I quite liked that last shot of LD in the first bunch of pictures. The one right before the licking shot.

    And there is never a dull moment around your place is there?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Daisy Mae sounds like my middle child...who can put beds together and take all the electronics in our house apart and put them back together again...in better shape than they were when she started :) We may have two female mechanical engineers on our hands :):)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the screaming and running in place...I am not alone! :) Also in the fact that my kids lick things, gross things, dirty things, ugh! Anywho, I too love the new pic of Jason, although the other one has some charm too it! I agree with the above comment you should rotate them, and leave us guessing! Have a happy thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that he "texted" you through your crises with the washer......

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it that she knew where the hose went! She will also be able to fell trees, and build houses out of them. Lumberjacklette! She and PW's daughters are going to run the country one day. It'll be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  16. First "whilst", now "hath"...my friend, you are becoming rather Shakespearish lately ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. No, I don't wear glasses or contacts. LJ wears glasses for reading and night driving.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hahahahaha! I was reading about you running in place and screaming and I did an "lol" and the hubby was next to me and was like "what is so funny" so I had to read it to him (laughing of course) and then he chuckled...
    that was great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kim (Williams) KibbyApril 19, 2010 at 8:01 AM

    I feel your pain of running in place. I, however, scream, "NO! Yucky!" whenever my son puts his mouth on restaurant tables or the cart. I even have that cart cover thing and I freak out.
    I LOVE the new pic of Jason. I'm digging the pink Mickey Mouse ears.
    I think Daisy Mae has a new future in the LJ business.

    ReplyDelete