Friday, October 9, 2009

A Farewell With Arms

The Lumberjack left today for his 9 day long hunting trip.


You have to admit that my post title is super clever!


I am so very proud of it.


Let's have a moment to reflect on how witty I am.


Thank you.


DSC_0143
Saying goodbye to the boys . . .


DSC_0145The little boys have no clue that he is leaving.


They think it is just nap time.


Oh, sweet nap time.


Have I mentioned that I LOVE nap time?


DSC_0150The hunting clothes have been packed.
DSC_0151


The 4 wheeler and other various manly man things have been loaded.


DSC_0152The truck is loaded with a few essentials.


Gas.


Water.


4 wheeler ramps.


Cables . . . not sure why he needs those.


Maybe to pull his huge kill through the mountainside?


I do not understand him.


Not one bit.


DSC_0148This was my contribution.


Food.


Food is always my main concern in any situation.


DSC_0154Goodbye to a sweet girl . . .


Attention all deer, elk, bears, and whatnot:


Game On.DSC_0171And we're still crying.


DSC_01559 days is tragic for a 5 year old.


DSC_0173And it does not help when your mother is snapping pictures instead of comforting you.


DSC_0174So, we sobbed our way back into the house and looked at the calendar.


Again.


To try and understand this concept of how long he will be gone.


DSC_0179I told her to circle the numbers.


She just drew circles.


He might come home to check on us on the 13th.


And he will be home for good on the 18th.


All I can say is there is a circle there.


And he better come home.


Or else he will have this:


DSC_0153to deal with.

4 comments:

  1. Was Kate upset when she got home from school that she didn't have a chance to say goodbye? I bet he'll be home on the 13th, how could he stay away for that long? Hadley is so precious. Let us know if you need anything. Jack is only gone for the weekend, but if you need anything I'm pretty handy, as you know

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Sweetie! You remember those paper chains we use to all make for Christmas countdowns... maybe that concept would be a good one, counting down the days each morning or evening?? You guys wanna come play with your sorta-not-quite-not-at-all cousins one day? hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so darn sweet! Do you get to do anything fun whilst he is away?? Growing up, when my dad and brother left for hunting camp-like two weeks-my mom and I would do fun girl things like watch girl movies and go to Fabricland and Joanne's Fabrics. Lots of fabric stores. Of course, that was back in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I hope he is wracked with guilt and arrives home early. I'm sure a couple little boys could fit in there with all the other manly man items.

    ReplyDelete