Thursday, October 29, 2009

Frugal Friday:Fitness


Visit www.lifeasmom.com for more tips!


Tonight at dinner, I asked my husband tonight if we could get a family gym membership.


He said no.


Because it's too expensive.


I asked him if just I could get a gym membership.


He said no.


Because it's too expensive.


I asked him if we could go on a run as a family.


He said no.


Because that just would not work.


So, I was annoyed.


Then I took another helping of Fettucine Alfredo.


Because that will help my situation.


And then I asked him if we could break out the Wii Fit that has been sitting in the box for 3 months.


He said Yes!


DSC_0294Once you get past the initial, outrageously high cost of a Wii, and a Wii fit, the Wii Fit is a pretty cheap way to get some exercise as a family.


We bought our Wii used from my brother-in-law, so we got ours for a good deal.


At least that's what my brother-in-law told us.


We really know nothing about these things.


But, I digress.


We decided to use the Wii Fit as a family to get some exercise.


Oh, sure, you could be truly frugal and just go on a walk.


But sometimes, you gotta do something different.


DSC_0293Plus it takes too much time to find everyone's socks, shoes, and jackets.


DSC_0303Here is our oldest child.


She is 6 years old.


DSC_0305Her Wii Fit Age: 32


DSC_0308
We told our girls to put on exercise clothes and this is what they came up with.


They get their fashion sense from me.


Our second daughter is 5 years old.


DSC_0310Her Wii Fit Age: 35


And now, time for the super fit adults.


Would you like to know what my husband did?


Since he had the Wii remote, he decided it would be swell to click on the button that revealed how much I weighed.


Does he not know that a woman's weight is to never be revealed?


Oh, he is in trouble.


DSC_0327Here I am in my lovely exercise clothes.


My actual age is 28.


Sad, I know.


I have also owned 2 different minivans and I have varicose veins.


What happened?


Look at how many calories I am burning!


This Wii Fit works wonders!


DSC_0312My Wii Fit Age: 33.


Here is my revenge on the Lumberjack for discovering how much I weigh:


DSC_0314


An action shot of my husband "working out."


Oh, I am in trouble.


Carhartts.


For to work out.


Brilliant!


His actual age: 29.


DSC_0322His Wii Fit Age: 49.


Yes!


Ha!


I win!


 I win!


 I win!


So, our family spent most of the night trying to get our Mii's set up on the Wii.


And we are not high tech, so this took us awhile.


But, if we ever do figure it out and use it regularly, we could end up saving a lot of money over time.


And we could get in great shape!


But, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.


Are Wii fit?


DSC_0324No.


No, Wii are not.


FrugalFridaySquare

5 comments:

  1. That's great, you are so funny!! I just told Sharyl that me being frugal is staying home and doing nothing, buying nothing. Exciting I know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny. I love the last picture of the lumberjack laying on the coffee table as if he were totally exhausted :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting...Your blog was fun to read...I got all caught up in it and read all the way down to your post about the relatives : )

    I'll come back...love the humor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no!! Dana disaster - Kate's pants fabric looks disappointingly familiar. This is a Dana tragedy. But seriously folks, the Y or the community I'm sure has fitness classes for free or dirt cheap. The college? Plus, most of them have child care. I guess wii is good too. I sure hope my upstairs neighbors don't get one or for sure I'll be moving to Idaho. Dave - please make me a house! Please get a piggy bank that says: College Fund but then get one that says Disneyland. We could do Space Mountain again.

    ReplyDelete