Monday, October 19, 2009

Ten Things Tuesday

Ten Things I have Learned About Hunting:


1)  You really do have to wear camo.


2)  Hunting gives you a good excuse to buy loads of new weapons.


3)  You must wash your clothes in unscented detergents.


4)  You must wear unscented deoderant. 


Apparently, the deer/elk/bear/and whatnot do not want to smell you.


5)  You must pour deer/elk/bear urine all over yourself. 


Apparently, the deer/elk/bear and whatnot like to smell their urine. 


But not Tide.


6)  "Neither rain nor hail nor sleet nor snow nor heat of day nor dark of night shall keep these carriers from the swift completion of his appointed rounds." 


That is the famous old "motto" of the US Postal Service. 


 Well, to be a true hunter, you must continue to hunt through rain, snow, wind, and hail. 


 You must have the dedication similar to a postman. 


You must trudge around from dawn until dusk, sporting camo and animal urine and stay out there for as long as it takes, snot dropping down your face and everything.


Because hunting is THAT important.


7)  Hunting gives you a good excuse to buy a 4 wheeler.


8)  A cow is a girl elk, and not the animal from whence you get hamburger.


9)  Hunting gives you an excuse to buy a really large toy hauler camper so you can sleep comfortable amidst the rain, snow, sleet, and hail and your 4 wheeler can fit nicely in the back.


10)  People really enjoy hunting.  They really, really do.


I know, I know.


It's okay.


I don't get it either.

6 comments:

  1. You pegged it, sister! I don't get it either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't get it. How can this be fun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brothers and my dad are hunters, so I grew up with this sorta stuff, stange as it is. Nice to meet you. I will follow, glad you found me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. funny!! kind of glad the hubs has no interest in said sport. I like the scent of Tide with a touch of Downy freshness myself ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, yes. All 10 perfectly correct. And it's not that the animals don't want to smell you, it's if they do, they won't come near you, which equals no killing. You know, our men are sneaky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can hunters tell us what the reason is? I mean, we can get meat at the grocery store so that can't be it. However, I can buy clothes at the store and I sew everything. So, I'm guessing it's the skill. Sorta like: "To see if I can..." But what exactly is the end result? Does he want the meat? Does he want the trophy to prove he did it? I suspect that may be it. It's an expensive hobby however.
    Animals can smell the rubber, metal, gas, paint, plastics and fumes from the toy hauler, guns etc so that kinda gives it away.

    ReplyDelete