Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Ten Things Tuesday!

The Lumberjack is still gone being a manly man hunter.


I miss him.


And, here are 10 Happenings since he has been gone:


1)  There is no hot coffee ready in the mornings.  I must make it myself.  This is tragic and  unfortunate.


2) I had to take the garbage can out into the creepy alley all by myself for the garbage man last night at 10pm because I forgot all about it.


3)  My daughter jumped off 8 stairs and hurt her foot.  She complains of it often, but is super proud that she can jump off of 8 stairs.


4)  That same daughter has had a fever since Saturday night.


5)  Handsome dude woke up with a fever this morning.  So did my oldest girl.  And little dude.  Hooray!


6)  I rented the movie "Marley and Me."  I have decided that I truly love Mabel and hope she does not die soon.  I have made it my goal to remember to feed and water her while the Lumberjack is gone.  Because that is his job and I always forget.  She will not die on my watch!


7)  I had to pretend to know what I was doing on Saturday and make 30 quarts of applesauce with my in-laws.  I just tried to lay low and slice apples and wash dishes so no one would notice that I had no idea what was going on.


8)  I took the children to the mall to try and find winter coats for the children.  This was a terrible idea.  Handsome dude nearly knocked down an entire rack of long sleeved shirts and his glasses were almost left behind on the floor of JCPenneys.  There were no good deals, so my children will still be in their too small coats for now.


9)  I keep forgetting about my goal to lose 2 pounds before the Lumberjack comes home and have been eating many delicious things.  My friend shared with me a long time ago a snack she likes to make for herself:  Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter together and just eat it with a spoon.  I still remember her saying, "You probably won't want me to tell you this, but . . . "  Yes, dear friend.  It would have been better for you to not have shared that trick with me.  It is delicious.  And I buy peanut butter and chocolate chips from Costco, so I always have an abundant supply.  And it is foiling my magic 9 day hunting widow diet plan.  I actually might be gaining weight.


10)  I have gone to bed past 11 every night.  I miss having him come home every night.


Personalities . . .You know . . . cause he's so chatty.  :)

4 comments:

  1. I love melting chocolate chips and pb!! I have been doing that forever, although recently it's more fun (also more work!) to just make chocolate chip cookie dough and eat that....yum!!! So sorry everyone is sick!! Can I help with anything? You need any movies to keep the kids occupied in their sick beds? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy momma! Let me know if we are still on for Thursday with the fevers and all.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh oh - first time I've heard of that recipe and its not a good thing! I hope you will be able to come to my lunch on Saturday, but I recognize the need to stay home with sick kids too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I hope I can come, too! But as of yet, there is no one available to watch my two boys. My girls will be on a trip with my parents. I hope to find someone!
    Thanks, Melissa! I will let you know if we need some movies.
    Yes, Mindy, I will keep you updated. Hopefully this will all be over by then. We shall see, we shall see!

    ReplyDelete