Monday, May 10, 2010

Three Things on a Monday

Put on your party pants, folks!


We've got some ground to cover.


Topic #1


My blog won the award over at I am Mommy!



Thank you very much for your votes!  I was included with a group of awesome blogs, one of which I was neck and neck with the whole time, Mommy on Fire.


Go say hi to Natalie at Mommy on Fire!


She has a wonderful blog!


Topic #2


Raise your hand if you have noticed that I tend to repost the same pictures.


A lot.


This is because I am lazy.


Fun fact:  I can copy and paste any picture from an old post sparing me from staring at the computer while tediously uploading photos!


Well, it occurred to me over the weekend that some of you might have no idea the history of how I acquired these photos in the first place.


And now, dear readers, I would like to present to you:


LJW:  Behind the Photos


Exhibit A:  The Lumberjack



Date Acquired:  Summer-ish, 2009


Reasons for use:  To show my readers just how handsome, dashing, and charming my Lumberjack is.


Alternative use:  *wink, wink* posts, aka high-fiving posts, aka posts I hope my parents accidentally forget to read.


Behind the photo:  The Lumberjack, in all his dapperness, was attempting to wakeboard. 


And he totally bit it. 


Totally.


The folks in the boat, including yours truly, were teasing and laughing at him, which is our usual custom when one of our kin bites it in the water.


He turned around and said


"Pretty sweet, huh?"


And I snapped a picture.


Dear readers!


Do you know how unique that photograph there is?


My


IMG_4001


Husband


2009_9_07 236


Prefers



Not



To



Smile.



Ever.


Yes!  That is, in fact, a random Cancun local giving my husband bunny ears!  I'm glad you asked!


And, folks, you can bet your bottom dollar that I copied and pasted all of them there above photos from old posts.


Cause I'm lazy like that.


Exhibit B:  My Dad


DSC_0060


Date Acquired:  October 31, 2009


Reason for use:  I use this picture for any sort of Goober Parent Update, or any sort of flashback to my dad.


Simply for the fact that it is a fantastic picture.


Behind the photo:  We were all over at my parents' house and my dad was trying to listen to a song off of his ITunes.


And I will forever use it to tease him.


Exhibit C:  Jason



Lest any of you are confused, Jason is The Lumberjack's youngest brother.


Date Acquired:  August-ish 2007


Reason for use:  I flash this bad-boy whenever I mention the name Jason.


Just for kicks and grins.


Behind the Photo:  For The Lumberjack's birthday, we went camping with his whole side of the family at the river.


If ever we are on that darned river, all three of those Lumberjackish boys, David, Alex, and Jason, will don snorkeling gear, hop on a tube, smack their faces head first into the water . . .



*like so*


and spearfish.


Yes, folks.


That is my husband.


So, as Jason was gearing up for a day of fun-filled spearing, I shouted,


"Smile, Jason!"



Natually, he obeyed, as I am most intimidating.


Topic #3


On March 28, 2009, The Lumberjack and I discovered our dvd remote was missing.


Yes, we are certain on that date.


We looked everywhere for it.


Finally we came to the conclusion that our remote was missing and presumed dead.


The VHS side of our DVD/VHS combo has been broken for about as long.  So, we just don't watch VHS.


Well, during my sickness spell, I had a hankering to watch Oklahoma!


Because I love it.


But darn my luck, I only have it on VHS.


So my Lumberjack . . .



in all his handsomeness,


(Oh!  See!  Did it again!)


went to the store to buy a new, not-so-cheap, DVD/VHS combo machine.


Immediately upon his return, he got right to work on removing the inferior DVD/VHS combo machine.


As he took it out of our entertainment center, we heard a lot of rattling.


A lot.


So, he whipped out some tools, that shall remain nameless . . . because I don't know what they are called, opened up the machine and found:



Bazinga!


One of those precious Lumberjacklings passed the remote through the VHS dispenser, rendering the VHS unusable and the remote invisible.


And that, dear readers, is precisely why people who have children should not buy expensive things.


Ever.


Which Lumberjackling do you think committed this crime?


023083113_04


I vote Little Dude.


He's such a naughty-pants.


Happy Monday!

25 comments:

  1. Such a naughty-pants, such a cutey-pants! But hey, you found it! Mystery solved!
    Thanks for the history lesson, I feel so much closer to you now.... :) That sounds a little creepy.....
    Any-who....congrats on the win!! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha!! i'm going with the older boy (can never remember them by their fake names!). and i was thinking during this post that you should have just bought a universal remote and saved yourself the money but obviously wouldn't have worked once you tried to pop a movie in!! makes for good blogging material! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures. And since I'm currently having the picture fight with my (ha ha) blog, I understand the recycling of pics. :-) And CONGRATS on winning the blog award. I knew you would. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well there's one mystery solved! Scooby can stay home tonight, I'm sure there is something on TV he can watch! I'm voting for the little naughty pants cutie pie too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! You get the green award for the day for.......reusing! Use them over and over again! Saves.....something....? Batteries! Yes. You save batteries when you don't use the camera and that is very green.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH! and congrats on winning! How exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! I vote Little Dude too, but he is SOO darn cute! :) You just cant not smile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the win!! I vote for handsome dude. He is always up to some mischief and apparently has an animosity towards electronic appliances.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your win darlin'...Whoop, Whoop, Whoop!! Sorry had to be done. PS: You are a nut with your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of COURSE you won. 'Cause you're awesome like that.

    Love the VCR story - but only because it happened at your house and not mine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yippee! I am happy for you, but more importantly I am wondering if the remote still works???

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your win! Also, I love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved the photos and reading more about you!

    You are so sweet - thank you for the shout-out. Congratulations to you - your blog is wonderful and the award is well-deserved!

    I love that this contest has crossed our paths, Taylor!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OR you could have bought a DVD version of the movie. LOL.

    Congrats on the win and thanks for the background on the pics. Love all the ones of LJ not smiling, hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay, you! I am so glad you won! And I love the story about the remote. My mom used to say that they couldn't have anything nice because one of us would break it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the win! That VCR thing is pretty funny. :)

    Marla @ www.asthefarmturns.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hollywood writers have to make up this kind of stuff - and you get it every day for free!! Well, maybe not free.. but we get to hear about it for free! I am going to vote for Handsome Dude just because the little dude was a lot smaller a year ago - see, I took note of the day the remote went missing!
    Congrats on the award you inspirational gal you!! You do inspire us every day! You certainly inspire me to have no more children..JK!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Never underestimate the power of a sneaky little girl! Around here, they "out-naughty" the boy 10 to one. Of course, there are 3 of them and 1 of him...but still!

    Tell the LJ he really should smile more. It makes him look younger. The frown ages him :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that picture of your dad. I laugh every time I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I laughed the whole time I was reading this.
    Congratulations!
    I wonder what my party pants look like. I believe I have misplaced them.
    I think it is awesome that you have that picture of the Lumberjack smiling such a fabulous smile, because of all of his non-smiling tomfoolery. My husband is very similar as far as this trait goes.
    And I totally knew you were going to say that you guys found the remote right after you bought a new system. My oldest daughter will now say to me,"Let's just get a new (whatever) so that the other one will show up tomorrow." She is learning the ways of the world early.

    ReplyDelete
  21. thelumberjackswifeMay 10, 2010 at 1:39 PM

    Yes! And we returned the new one and got all our money back! Hooray! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is hilarious! My first thought was "i wonder if it would still work and they can take back the new one". So glad you did ! I vote handsome dude. Little dude would have been quite young, and not quite so naughty, over a year ago.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bazinga! That is my favorite word - I try to use it every day :) I used the word in a post recently that I likened myself to a writer to which my husband replied "A true writer would not use the word - bazinga." Did you pick it up from the show "The Big Bang Theory?" Love that show.

    Anyways. Yay for winning - I knew your stalkers, I mean, followers would go and vote!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations on your win! I think you should use the picture of the Lumberjack spearfishing when you need a pic of how dashing and handsome he is!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am so glad I got the history of the pic of your dad. It always made me wonder - Makes total sense now!

    ReplyDelete