Friday, June 25, 2010

The Nature Club

I have this friend.


Let's call her . . . Amanda.


Amanda is a wonderful mommy who takes the time to play with her kids and do all sorts of fun activities.


Activities like: painting, crafts, and play dough.


Not so with me.


I am not good with coming up with fun activities, nor am I creative.


Do ya'll recall my "nativity scene" craft?



Why, yes!


I'm glad you asked!


I am an Arts-and-Crafts mastermind.



Look at me and my bad self!


Well.


Needless to say, my kids have been left to their own devices when it comes to the fine arts and creative activities.


And I think they do good.



 


Welcome to "The Nature Club."



The Nature Club is a little clubhouse the girls built yesterday with their friend.



It was hot yesterday.


Daisy Mae found a little hidden space under a tree and the girls got right to work on building a shaded clubhouse.



They used my bike trailer and loaded up things that they wanted for the clubhouse.


It's about time that bike trailer got some use.


Then they hauled it to the tree, unloaded their goods, and returned the trailer to the garage.



There is even a pledge that members of The Nature Club must chant.


You know.


In order to preserve the sanctity of everything the club represents.


To say the pledge, first one must dip their fingers in water . . .



like so.


Then you put two fingers, (never three!) on your chest and recite the pledge.



Nature Club members love to ban little brothers from the clubhouse, eat snacks in the clubhouse, and pose for fabulous photos in the clubhouse.



Yeah.


She's workin' it.



Ooooh-la-la!


And nothing screams nature, serenity, and peace like a picture taken on top of a . . .



propane tank.


Classy!


Happy Friday!


 


 


Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

23 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! I miss those days! I made potpourri out of mud, water, flower petals and who knows what else once!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice that the kids have so much room now to spread out and play! I bet you are lovin it! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the propane tank cracks me up!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How precious! They are just darling, all three of them:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! So cute! Those were the days. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha. I don't get the clubs. My little sister was talking yesterday about their "Kitten Club, Puppy Club, and Goosebump Club."

    Kids are weird.

    Marla @ www.asthefarmturns.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute :) Although those days for me were (gasp) about..well..way too long ago...I remember them like they were yesterday. I am still BFF with my BFF from back then too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the clubs. Didn't we all belong to one when we were kids? That propane tank is classy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very neat club. I want to join!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing screams Nature Club more than a big propane tank. Great Pic's and isn't it great that the kids have a place to call their own.

    Had to laugh too, because if it was a boys club; you know they would have kept the bike trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw...so much fun! I remember doing stuff like that not too long ago...good times! And they have photos to remember them now, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have many memorable childhood family photos atop our propane tank! And I LOVE it when other moms tell the world that they don't play with their kids--mine were very self sufficient!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Only fictional moms actually play with their kids.

    She makes that propane tank look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Precious precious blog today. When parents don't do for the kids, amazing what they come up with on their own. This brought so many memories back of my own childhood when I also made clubs and houses in and under trees. And what is childhood without a propane tank to ride. sigh fabulous, darling just fabulous. You should see what happens if you give them some old blankets and string and clothespins...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Way to make the kids use their imagination!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love a club...especially if it is only for girls.
    Super sweet. The photos are super cute...learning early to pose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What's the pledge? Or is it top secret? I am totally wanting to know it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah, to be young and in a club you made up yourself again... the good old days...

    And those pictures rock - budding models, I tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hahaha! That is awesome, I lol'd at the no little brothers part. What clever girls. Looks like so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it. We had clubs all the time as children, and now my kids and their cousins have club as well. I love watching kids use their imaginations!
    PS. I am also an arts and crafts failure.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So Cute!! I found a bug house for $1 from the dollar store and my kids will spend at least an hour outside searching for bugs!
    Big Fat Mama

    ReplyDelete