Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Blue Christmas.

My brother-in-law, Alex, will not make it home for Christmas.



So, in honor of his absence, I would like to dedicate this post to him


I am fairly certain that he is about as internet savvy as my dad:


DSC_0060


So, he more than likely will never know this post even existed.


I wonder if my dad is getting tired of me posting that ridiculous picture of him?


Oh, well.


He brought it on himself.


Back to Alex:



Poor guy can't make it home for Christmas this year.


He adds a lot of  . . . um . . . excitement to all of our family gatherings.


So, without further ado, I present to you this song tribute to my most-entertaining brother-in-law.


And to help those of you who might not know him, I will add captions to inform you of what kind of pickle/adventure he has gotten himself or others into, as I see fit.


I'm thoughtful like that.


100 points if you can tell me of any artist who sings this song


200 points if you can name multiple artists who sing this song


300 points if you can tell me of a family member that consistently does crazier things than our Alex.


400 points if you can figure out why some pictures are medium-sized and some are large-sized in my posts.


There is a method to my madness.


*************


We'll have a blue Christmas



(Playing Twister)


Without You.



(Made a swing out of a log while camping)


We'll be so blue



(Made a bench out of a log while camping)


Just thinking about you.



(Made a teeter-totter out of a log while camping)


Decorations of red



(Almost killed us by suffocation while camping when he knocked down our parachute)


On a green Christmas Tree



(Still suffocating us)


Won't be the same dear



(Driving his truck into the river.  Getting stuck in the river)


If you're not here with us.



(Trying to ascertain why his truck no longer runs.  FYI:  he didn't have his gas cap on and consequently, filled his tank up with water)


And when those blue snowflakes



(Hiking with my Handsome Dude.  I feared for Handsome Dude's life)


Start falling.


 


(He's still hiking . . . I'm still fearing)


That's when those blue memories



(We made it safe and sound . . . color me relieved)


Start calling.



(Asleep at a family event . . . per usual)


You'll be doin' alright.



(Awwww . . . a nice picture )


With your Christmas of white.



(Soaking small children with water balloons)


But we'll have a blue



(Roaring, and consequently ruining, the family photo)


 Blue



(He also occasionally shoots firearms.  Wonderful!)


Blue, Blue Christmas.



 


(Finally getting a taste of his own medicine.)


Merry Christmas, Alex !

9 comments:

  1. 1. Elvis along with Martina McBride who sang it with him.
    2.Porkie Pig sings I"ll have a blblblbluuue Chchchchcrrristmas....Just check it out on u-tube LOL
    3. My Son Evan is always doing crazy things and is quite the little dare devil he is.
    4. I don't even know how to post pics! It is a miricle I even have a pic on FB...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...Evan is always up to something ridiculous. Also, Celine Dion sang that song as well as whoever the little girl is in the old school claymation "The Year Without A Santa Clause."

    ReplyDelete
  3. ELVIS! Elvis sings one of the best versions of Blue Christmas with the women in the back round "oooooing"!

    I really appreciate the fact that you have great pictures of your crazy brother and all but I have one question.........So the parachute falls on top of everyone with the fire going and all and your first thought is....."quick get the CAMERA???!!!! No matter that every one is choking from smoke inhalation and the parachute could start on fire! You crack me up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I thought the pics were doing weird things on my computer......I did kind of wonder what was going on there with the inconsistency. Hmmm, well I know that all pictures have different pixels sizes and file sizes so that could change your post. Also the site you are using to blog may compress them differently. On my screen with some of your posts, your links to past blogs goes right through the first bigger picture of your post. Kinda annoying. But most of the small ones just seem to be on top where they are making room for the links on the right side of the page. This probably doesn't help you AT ALL but since you mentioned it I thought I would let you know at least what I saw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are pretty close! It is because of all that stuff on the sides (links, comments) that gets in the large sized pictures. So when I am writing a post, I start off with medium sized. Then I guess to when I think the post would be far enough past all that stuff on the sides and I switch to large.
    Because I am blog-retarded and have no clue how else to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, in my defense, I was corralling (spelling?) children away from the fiery parachute of death. And while I was sparing their lives, I snapped a few pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - these Mal's can just drop off anywhere. Must be nice to have that ability. Great photos

    ReplyDelete
  8. [...] He likes to suffocate his entire family by collapsing parachutes. [...]

    ReplyDelete