Monday, December 21, 2009

31

Guess whose birthday is today?



My lovely sis-in-law, Lisa.


AKA, The Pioneer Woman.


Guess how old she is?


Anyone?


I won't tell.


That would be rude.


So, in honor of her special day, I proudly present:


Lisa:  Points of Interest.


1)  She is older than me.  Ha!


2) She has gorgeous red hair that she doesn't have to do anything with and it just styles beautifully.


3)  She has better camping hair than I.


Need proof?


Lisa's camping hair:


2009 7 19 Jason's Birthday Albeni Cove 067


Can you see her?


She is sitting next to that fine young chap, Jason.


Look at her exquisite camping bun.


My camping hair:



Try to conceal your jealousy.


Please.


4)  She is the mother of Little Miss



5)  And now, I must share a moment from the past with you all:


When the Lumberjack and I were dating, Lisa and I went shopping at the mall.


Shopping?


Without children?


Without strollers?


Without diaper bags, crackers, milk, binkies, and blankets?


Ah, the glory days.


We were at The Gap.


We were perusing the clearance rack.


Lisa was looking for jeans.


I found a super cute pair to show her.


I showed her.


Her response?


"Those are really cute!  I mean, they are way too big for me, but they are cute.  Hey!  You should try them on!"


No.


I am not bitter.


I did not hold on to that moment for the past 10 years, waiting until a time when she least expected it . . . to share with the world my complete and utter embarrassment.


 It's a good thing I know she loves me so.


Or I might have to seek revenge and tell everyone how old she is.


P.S.  I am still in my 20s.


P.P.S.  Happy Birthday, Lisa!  Can I still come to your birthday party?

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm cracking up! And I also have, horrible, horrible camping hair. Happy Birthday, Lisa! Love the red hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! Oh well, happy birthday, Lisa!

    In your TWENTIES and you already have 4 kids? Man, you HAVE been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to all for the Birthday wishes. I seriously do not remember making that comment at The Gap 10 years ago, but I'm so grateful that Mrs Lumberjack doesn't hold it against me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated birthday Lisa. Yep, I'm one of those old farts who has dial-up internet and didn't see this post until today.

    ReplyDelete