Monday, December 28, 2009

The Lumberjack Changes a Diaper.

So . . . last night the Lumberjack was playing around with Handsome Dude.


Usually this involves the Lumberjack taking Handsome Dude by the pants and twirling him all around.


Twirling, spinning, flying . . . you know . . . the usual.


And all this fun pants twirling resulted in a torn diaper for Handsome Dude.


I pointed this out to the Lumberjack who took care of things and put Handsome Dude to bed.


And this is what I discovered this morning when I attempted to tackle Handsome Dude's morning diaper:



Yes.


Perfect.


The Lumberjack got his giant, economy sized roll of blue painter's tape and just taped the diaper.


Interruption:  Can we not all agree that morning diapers are just about the worst thing in the world?



Yes. 


This is, in fact, the same blue tape that he used to wrap the Christmas present.


Perhaps the blue tape should be confiscated from the Lumberjack.



What was my Lumberjack thinking?


This is the man I chose to father my children.


I can only blame myself.


I am linking up at Finer Things today.


I suppose I should just be thankful that I have a husband who loves our kids, plays with them, and yes, even changes diapers!

12 comments:

  1. Oh my! This is one of my favorite posts ever! You have to love the way men try to figure things out! They can fix anything with a roll of tape, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Blue painters tape ... the new duct tape. Way to go Lumberjack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, that is hilarious!! I'm dying! That just about tops it all, doesn't it?? I am definitely going to share this, it's just too funny! Looks like something out of the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Men Brains! Who knew it was diaper duct tape?? Whatever works.

    You have a wonderfully blessed New Year. I so enjoy your humor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My brother-in-law (an actual lumberjack) once used duct tape to tape a pacifier in his child's mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so classic daddy... it's problem-solving like this that makes men scratch their heads when we need new doo-dads to accomplish our goals... hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It could be duct tape. It could be packing tape. And he could have re-used this particular piece to tape a package!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, it saves the earth by not wasting a 30 cent diaper. I'm not sure he needed quite so much though. It's too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is too funny! Thanks for a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. [...] @ It’s come to this (Indoor Tent Fun) 28. Kate @ modern alternative mama (Herbal Tea) 29. The Lumberjack’s Wife: A Helpful Husband 30. Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart (My Super Duper Hero) 31. The Prudent Homemaker ~ Edible [...]

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is totally something my own hubby would pull! The man loves his tape. :)

    ReplyDelete