Saturday, December 26, 2009

Oh, dear.

Guess what my 2-song IPod Dad got for Christmas?



There he is!


Mr. Technology himself. :)



Well, first . . . .



He needs to conquer this tricky packaging.



Hmmm . . .


And we're in!



Now, listen.


I love my dad.


And he is actually the smartest person I know.


Truly, he is.


 



Dad?


Are you out there on your tricky internet machine?


You are definitely my "Phone-a-Friend" if I am ever on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?"


So, gentle readers . . .


Did you guess what he got?


Hint:  It's sorta like an IPod . . . for books.



Yes.


He got a Kindle.


Very Interesting . . .


Guess what I got?



Rubber gloves.


From my Auntie.


For to touch the raw meat!


She knows me too well . . .



Check out what I am wearing.


So . . .


I borrowed Melissa's black top for a party awhile back.


And I haven't gotten around to returning it.


I'm a busy girl.


And since it was conveniently right there in my closet, I wore it again.


Why not?


You would do it, too.


Plus, I am wearing the Perfect Black Sweater with Ruffles that I guilted her into giving to me.


And to top it all off, I am wearing the jeans that she got too skinny for.


What would I do without her?


She dresses me.


But, Melissa, I have terrible news.


And I can't think of a better way to share this news with you, than to post it on my blog for all to see.


That way you won't kill me.


You know.


Because of all the witnesses.


So, in between the party and Christmas, the Lumberjack helped with laundry.


What!??!


I know.


My Lumberjack will, upon occasion, get the urge to do a few rounds of laundry if I am gone all day.


I have pleaded with him in the past to please not help with laundry.


I have pleaded with him in the past to please at least not do MY laundry.


Now, I know that sounds foolish.


And I know I am a lucky girl to have a husband who does laundry, even it it is only a couple times a year.


But the Lumberjack only does laundry one way.


His plan?


Wash everything in the hottest water on the heavy-duty cycle.


Melissa.


I fear the beautiful black top you lent me is "hand wash only".


And I fear that your lovely, delicate top was "lay flat to dry."


And I also fear that the Lumberjack was feeling particularly helpful the morning your lovely shirt was in the hamper.


So . . .


Oops?


But it might be okay.


I wore it yesterday.


I think it is okay:



I don't know.


Can you find it in your heart to forgive me?


Or at least could you find it in your heart to forgive the Lumberjack?


Speaking of the Lumberjack:



Look how happy he is!


He can be festive!


Who knew?


Guess what Wii game he got?


Put your thinking caps on.


100 (meaningless) points to whoever can guess what game he got


200 (meaningless) points to anyone who can convince Melissa to forgive me.


But guess what else I got:



WooHoo!


Slippers for my oh-so-frigid icy cold wood floors.


And . . . The Pioneer Woman Cooks by Ree Drummond!


So now, I will be able to cook like her.


But if I could only blog like her . . .


Oh, well.


Guess who gave me these precious gifts?


Hint:  She touches fish.


Hint:  She has red hair.


Hint:  She knows what channel locks (sp?) are.


Hint:  She is more woman than I will ever be.


300 (meaningless) points to whoever can guess the giver.


Come on.


I know you can do it.

8 comments:

  1. your giving away a lot of points today!!! must be in the giving mood with christmas.

    of course i forgive you, silly girl! i don't have time for "hand wash only" so i am sure i have washed it myself a time or two. :-)

    i am going to guess that David got a hunting game for the wii?? and lisa gave you the gifts?

    i can't believe your dad got a kindle!! i'm so jealous!! and i think he may even be able to subscribe to your blog with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you scored but guess what? I got that cookbook too from Sharyl!! and I want to know how dad does with his book reader so keep us posted on that.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great gifts! I'm so jealous! I want a Kindle! I want an iPod! I want, I want, I want! Of course, mostly I want to pay my bills, so it will be a year or 10 before I get either one! You look lovely in your borrowed/give away clothes. Freebies are THE BEST!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had far too many Christmas cookies to take your quiz but...great gifts. I got the PW cookbook as well but I'm in need of a break from all the cooking I've done the past four days that I'm not even going to look at it for another week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe you are well on your way to being the next Pioneer Woman. Great posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you forgive me! :) But will you ever let me borrow clothes again?!?
    Oh, and you got all the questions right.
    My dad would never be able to figure out a blog subscription . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you Miss Taylor, your dad would be my lifeline on millionaire also.......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never underestimate your Dad. I luv ya girl, but I'm not sure why your friends lend u their clothing. You got some really good friends.

    ReplyDelete