Friday, December 4, 2009

Boy with the blue earrings


Handsome Dude.


What were you doing in my room?



Did you hide something in your pockets again?



Please stop taking my earrings.



I don't want to wear blue earrings today.



Seriously.


Blue earrings to not match my overly bright red pullover fleece.


Clearly, you do not have a future in fashion, dude.


Then again, neither do I.


But that is besides the point.


Turquoise blue earrings cannot go with bright red.


No.


They simply cannot.



I know you love them.


You pick them out for me every day.



Dude.


I said no.



I am already wearing my super cool, oversized costume earrings that are more neutral in color.


No blue today.


No.



Fine.


I'll wear blue.



Attention all fashion-conscious adults who might see me in the next 2 weeks-2 years (or however long this phase of his lasts):


Please make every attempt to ignore me and my newly-accessorized self.


I fear I will clash every day.


But, you see, I have this boy:



and for now, all he wants is for his mother to wear her blue earrings.


True.


They are cheap earrings.


I bought them from Walmart.


They came in a pack of 3 for $4.


But irregardless of how cheap they are, my boy thinks I am beautiful in them.


And I have a hunch that he won't sneak upstairs, pick out the prettiest blue earrings he can find, and proudly present them to me when he is a teenager.


I doubt that he will continuosly move my hair from my face to check and make sure I am wearing the blue earrings forever.


I am certain he will not always grin and clap when he sees that his earrings of choice are where they rightfully belong.


So for now . . .


I will probably wear my blue earrings.


Every.


Single.


Day.



Oh, Handsome Dude.


Please don't ever grow up.

7 comments:

  1. Yeah! I totally support your clashing earrings with outfit! This definitely won't last forever, so nice job seizing the moment and just doing it! So darn sweet....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could solve the problem by only getting clothes that go with blue earings - that sounds like a great fashion challenge!
    Those little boys can be so sweet sometimes! Not always - but sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cute! Clashing earrings are fun =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a pair of gold horny toad earrings. No joke. They are the town mascot for my Grandpa and Granny's town - the Hooker Horny Toads. Isn't that lovely? Guess which earrings Hayden would like me to where ev.ry.day.??

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet. You are such a good mama to wear them for him. Because, I fear you are right, as a teenager he pobably will care less what earrings you are wearing...

    ReplyDelete