Monday, December 14, 2009

Weekend Update

Or, since it is Monday, should this be titled "Post weekend Update?"


Hmmmm . . .


Thoughts?


Okie-dokie, artichokies:


Here's some intriguing events that have occurred on the Lumberjack front:


1)  My stairs are now festive, thanks to my friend Kim.



Truly, I did not help one iota.


I swiped my debit card when it came time to pay, and then I attempted to keep the children away from her so she could get her creative juices flowing.


Let's all have a moment of applause for Kim.


2)  You all know that the Tooth Fairy was slacking on Saturday night. 


Well, we had to have a do-over on Sunday night. 


The word is that the Tooth Fairy herself had a splitting headache and was half-asleep when she remembered Miss Daisy Mae's tooth. 


So, she pleaded with her friend, Mr. Tooth Fairy, to take the job. 


Mr. Tooth Fairy came back:  "Are you sure she put her tooth under her pillow?"


Mrs. Tooth Fairy:  "Yes.  She said she was."


Mr. Tooth Fairy leaves again for a few more minutes.


Mr. Tooth Fairy:  "It's not there."


Mrs. Tooth Fairy has to get up and save the day.


Mr. Tooth Fairy follows her into the room and shows her Daisy Mae's pillow.


"See?"


Mrs. Tooth Fairy kindly points out that, while the confusion is understandable, the child sleeping in Daisy Mae's bed is, in fact, Sweet Pea, and that if he actually found the child named Daisy Mae and looked under her actual head, he would find the tooth.


"Wait?  That's not her?"


Seriously, Mr. Tooth Fairy?


The girls just switched beds, that's all.


And that, my gentle readers, is why children need mothers.


3)  I would like everyone to know that my baby, Little Dude, always unzips his jammies like this:



Yeah . . . he's puttin' out the vibe.


4)  We got snow! 



And guess what my Lumberjack did?


He shoveled for me at 6 am before he left for work this morning and he plugged in my rig.


Let's have a moment of applause for the Lumberjack.


5)  We went to the Ugly Sweater Christmas party.



That's Shelly on the left and me on the right.


I have decided that this Ugly Sweater business could get kind of tricky.


If you think my sweater is ugly, my response is:  "Totally!  I know, right?"


If you have one just like it in your closet, my response is: "Yeah, I know!  I couldn't find an ugly one, so I didn't participate."


6)  I outfitted the whole fam in ugly sweaters.  Or, if you like them, perfectly fine sweaters.



Look at the sad state of my home.


Blinds are all messed up and one is even falling out.


Handsome Dude is putting on his sister's shoes.


The only presents under the tree are the ones the girls "wrapped" by putting in brown paper bags.


If you have come to this site for cute home decorating ideas, leave now and don't look back.


7)  Yes. 


I bought the Lumberjack a sweater for the Ugly Sweater Christmas party.


But, apparently, he was just too cool to wear it.



*sigh*


Let's all have a moment to reflect on what could have been.


Thank you.

7 comments:

  1. I always come to your blog for decorating idea's! I love the way you display your children so sweetly under the tree - and the one blind laying gracefully on the floor give such a pop of color against the wood. And the trendy way you used paper bags as wrapping - going green is so chic right now -

    Love the sweaters - obviously the Lumberjack isn't in touch with his feminine side...

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL stairs ~ great job Kim!
    And I love the "tricky" sweater comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that sweater for your Lumberjack is one ugly piece of clothing. I would have worn it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your staircase! Soo jealous! And that family picture is, um, so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stairs! And so true about the sweaters, could get tricky...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your staircase is beautiful and I like everyone else is very jealous. Ask me to do something creative with your photos, but these kind of things elude me. I always have my mom (I know sounds lame, but she is so good at it) come and do up my mantle. She has the eye for how and where to place things. I on the other hand just want to get done as quick as possible to get on with something I actually enjoy doing.

    Kudos on the sweaters too:)

    ReplyDelete