Thursday, December 24, 2009

Ten Things Thursday

Ten Things that, in retrospect, were a bad idea:


Fact:  These pictures were taken last night (12/23)


Fact:  These pictures include my sister, MegaTech


Fact:  I don't have time to tell you why she is called MegaTech


Fact:  I still have presents to wrap


Ok . . . .


Here we go.


1)  We should never gotten a fancy schmancy camera.



Clearly, we have not mastered it yet.



Although I do like the way it sheds pounds off of me.


2)  Don't take a group photo in front of a chain link fence.



It does not turn out as classy as one would hope.


*Interruption*


Can we please acknowledge the fact that I figured out the self-timer?


I will wait for your applause to cease.


Thank you.


3)  We went on a walk downtown to look at the lights.


We went on the boardwalk.


Water + Cold= Ice


Lumberjacklings+Cold+Ice= Cold Lumberjacklingsickles + stressed out Mama



 


4)  It needs to be said.



Megatech.


How do you see with your uber-hip asymmetrical hair cut?


Hmmm . . . .


Fact:  I do not know how to use the word uber in a sentence.


Fact:  I heard the word uber from MegaTech herself.


MegaTech?


Did I use it right?


5)  We went on a long walk and then put our names in for dessert.


So we had an hour wait.


If we had put on our thinking caps, we would have put our names in and then went and looked at the lights.


6)  Please, if you can, avoid at all costs waiting in a hotel lobby for over an hour with 4 cold and whiny children.


No good can come out of a 1 hour wait.


7)  If you are forced to wait with your children, do not show them where the pool is.



And, please, do not allow your children to do this when they see the pool:



Come on.


I mean, that' s just rude.


8)  Also, if you are waiting for over an hour with four whiny, cold, and hungry children, please do not try to get a cute photo.



You can try all you want.



But it simply will not happen.


9)  Do not buy coats with detachable hoods.



They will forever drive you insane.


10)  Do not let your daughter leave the house without a belt on.



Oh, well.


We made some memories.


Merry Christmas from the Lumberjacklings:



Fact:  Handsome Dude is not in this picture


Fact:  Handsome Dude was throwing a fit


Fact:  This is our life.

5 comments:

  1. Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas despite your long, cold, and bit stressful evening! Hope dessert was worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun? Not sure, but hope your Christmas is very merry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I always tell myself that we're making memories. Yeah, so we didn't hear how the dessert was--was it worth the wait(of course!)? What did you get? Did it fix the "whinies" in the kids? Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a fun night and I can see a lot better than one would think.

    But, I am about due for a haircut.

    And über is a German word that has many meanings, but when über is used by English speakers it is referring to the German definition of "over". One definition for the English word "super" is "over/above". One can also hear the similiarities between the sounds of the words über and super.

    And yes, you used it correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SP looks like she pooped a tree. DM is looking like Joe the Plumber in those jeans. Why do coats have hoods anyway? It's a lot easier to navigate in a hat. I have so many photos of Rose Parade floats with chain link in the background. I remember the old days.....
    I know I'm an old lady now, but there was a time when we didn't have to have chain link to control crowds and we could watch the Parade without chain link in the way. sigh.

    ReplyDelete