Thursday, January 14, 2010

Potty Training: Day 4

Ok.


Back on Tuesday, when I wrote the post entitled "Potty Training:  Day 1,"  I was honestly thinking that it would only take a day or two, despite how horribly day one went.


Raise your hand if you are getting sick and tired of my potty-training posts.


Please accept my sincere apologies.


I will try to move on to other subjects soon.


Because that's why you all come here . . . right? 


For intriguing posts on what kind of creamer I like, my muffin top, my horrible camping hair, my crazykin in-laws, my goober parents, my diesel rig, and, of course, my smokin' hot Lumberjack:


Holla!


(Interruption:  I have no idea why people say "Holla!"  But they always look so joyous when they say it, so I thought I would try it out.  How'd I do?)


And without further ado, for I know you are all dying to know, here is how Day 4 went:


He woke up dry!


Holla!


(Man! I'm good!  Nailed it!)


He ran upstairs and hid in his room and pooped in his undies:  Fail.


But then . . . then ladies and gentlemen . . . my Handsome Dude, my 3rd born, the child who oft makes me question my existence as a stay-at-home-mom . . . my son went accident free from the hours of 8:27am until 7:35pm.



So, now, on this the 4th day of potty training, on the fourteenth day of the month of January, in the two thousandth and tenth year of our Lord, I will declare my son officially "almost (kind of, somewhat, but who knows what tomorrow will bring) there."


Yes.


My Handsome Dude had a much better day.


And I am glad.


For I needed him to have a much better day.


For I was going insane.


And we had Little Miss over for the day.



Isn't Little Miss cute?



Well . . . aren't they all cute?


*sigh*


Potty Training Day 4: Hopeful Win!


Holla!

16 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! I start tomorrow with the last two!! Almost done with wretched potty training forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I strongly admire your use of "Holla." Such vocabulary is beyond me. Just thinking about using it correctly (or worse - incorrectly) makes me break out in hives a little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! Congrats on being "almost (kind of, somewhat, but who knows what tomorrow will bring) there." :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't blogging fun...you have all kinds of people caught up in the drama of potty training....congrats on a dry day : ) Hoping your weekend is the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. woo-hoo! so glad you had a stop in happyville on the motherhood track to insanity. by the way, didja' know insanity is inhereted? we get it from our kids. have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of the word "Holla". I am evidently very out of touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mental images when see or hear the word "holla" is either a way cool and confident kid surrounded by his homies or an awkward white kid trying desperately to fit in, the latter being way too close to my own reality to permit me to use the word.

    Way to go on the potty training! That is so awesome, good job to your kiddo and you! Sweet pictures of all the little ones - Little Miss has hair the color of my baby's and I sure hope ours stays that way, it's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My only thought is, how many gals do you know named mindy?? I used to be so original, but I am one of three on here. :) That's it, that's all. ok. bye now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woo Hoo! That is so awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the good day of training! How exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOOLLLLLAA!!!!! Way to go!! Good luck with the poopin part...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hola :-) LOL...

    I tend to over use "Hola" mmhhh... I'm not sure now if we are talking about the same word, because "Hola" means "Hello", "Holla" could be "Hola"??? See I'm over using it, again!

    Good job on a dry day :D

    Alba

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holla back at ya girl! Congrats!!!! As you know, we're a little on the backslide in the potty training area, so reading your victorious post is like a salve to my son's chafed behind. Thank you. =)
    Mindy
    www.thesuburbanlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes. I think we are thinking of different words. :) I am not referring to Hola, the spanish word for Hello. I am saying Holla! And I am uncertain as to the meaning of Holla.

    ReplyDelete
  15. [...] 6)  It has come to my attention that my readers, all 9 of you, along with myself, do not truly know the meaning of the phrase “Holla.” [...]

    ReplyDelete