Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Lumberjack Thanksgiving, part two.

Yes, I am one of those crazy peoples who wakes up extremely early to go shopping the day after Thanksgiving.


The Lumberjack and I have an agreement:


During October and November he can hunt on any day that he has off from work . . .


but I get Black Friday.


I usually go shopping with my mother.


We decided to wait and start shopping at 6 this year, as opposed to the usual 430 or 5 start time.


My cell phone alarm was set for 5:15am.


And at 4:49am I got a text from:


 Melissa.


I'm not gonna lie . . . it was pretty annoying.


The text even sounded perky:


"Where are you going to be?  I just passed Kohl's and it is packed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


Melissa.


4:49am is far too early for such an excessive number of exclamation points.


So, ma and I shopped till we dropped.


I got back to my house just in time to tidy up for the evenings festivities.


Our town has a parade and fireworks ceremony the day after Thanksgiving.


So all of my in-laws came over and we walked downtown.


Before we go any further, we must make mention of this guy:



Alex.


This is a picture of him from last summer.


Do you remember this one?


The event where he was attacking anyone, ages 3 months-87 years old with water balloons?


Alex, Alex, Alex.


So, Alex is really into roaring.


Roaring? you ask.


Yes.


Roaring.


As in, roaring like a lion.


When he gets around my fab four, he gets the urge to roar.



No words can describe this roar.


It is horrifying and obnoxiously loud.


And here's the thing:


HE DOES IT CONSTANTLY.



Can you see the new girl in this picture?


She is the lovely creature wearing the white coat.


Her name is Holly, and she may or may not be in a relationship with the roarer.


We are not certain.


But recent events on my Facebook news feed have led me to believe that Holly must be fond of roaring.


Because she'll be hearing it an awful lot.


If they are actually together, that is.



Jason.


Thank you, Lord, that Jason is not into roaring.


Amen.



Pa-in-law with Handsome Dude.



Waiting for the fireworks to start . . .



Ma-in-law with Daisy Mae.



Boredom.




Fireworks!


WooHoo!


Now, back to our house to celebrate Alex and Ma-in-law's birthdays.



Alex was sentenced to a "time out" on the couch.


He was asked repeatedly to stop roaring in the house.


He just didn't listen.


He was, however, allowed to open his presents while in his time out.



Now what could my lovely mother-in-law want for her birthday?



A firearm.



Classy, Lumberjack.


Classy.


Our one final event for the night:  the family photo.



Alex is in the back row, farthest on the right.


Can anyone take a wild guess as to what Alex could possibly be doing?


*sigh*

11 comments:

  1. Every family has 'one'....looks like a big happy bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your family get-togethers, you are blessed! and in my defense, you SAID you were black friday shopping!! so I assumed you would be up! but you know what they say about assuming.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. TAYLOR! look at that last photo again! You are gorgeous, and your eyes... they are open and "just right!" lol! so much for the "tell me the truth" look at the truth! lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1 out of 472 photos ain't bad, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, Melissa. What do they say? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see your son got as excited as my daughter did about the festivities downtown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you should get way more out of the agreement that he can hunt any day he has off during a two month span. I bet you could get a little more than just black friday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are your kids the only grandkids on that side of the family?
    If you want you can text me the answer at 4:49 am tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Also - if Alex is roaring in front of his new lady friend and she sticks with him, she deserves what she gets!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No, my sister-in-law, Lisa, has a little girl (she is in the picture on the far left being held by her dad). Also, Lisa is pregnant and due with a mystery-gendered baby in March. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. [...] Daisy Mae:  Oh, good.  Then we won’t roar. [...]

    ReplyDelete