Thursday, November 5, 2009

Because it is Day 5.

It is Day 5 of NaBloPoMo.


NaBlo-what?


Exactly.


And so, it is time for two product reviews.


Because I got nothing else to say.


First up:


Method (from Target) Squirt and Mop Hardwood floor cleaner:


DSC_0143Pros:


1)  It is easy.  You squirt and then you mop.  Hence the name.


2)  It did a good job cleaning up the floors.


3)  It has the most heavenly almond scent.  Seriously.  The scent was truly delightful and made mopping all the more enjoyable.


Cons:


1)  It did not remove scratches in the wood floors caused by truck-racing.


2)  It did not magically mop the floors all by itself.


3)  The floors are already dirty again. 


Can't somebody please invent a cleaning product that freezes your home clean for at least a week?


Because I am beginning to feel like everything I do around here is pointless.


But for the almond scent alone, I will forever and ever love this hardwood floor cleaner.


Does anyone else have wood floors?


Does anyone else have a love/hate relationship with them?


I have been definitely more on the hating end these days.


They show EVERYTHING.


Not that my house ever has anything like dirt, dog hair, dust, leaves, matchbox cars, bark, wood, ashes, cheerios, toast, pine needles, or four children in it.


My house is pretty spotless.


Secondly:


DSC_0144


Is not Oasis the greatest British band since the Beatles?


Can we not vote on that?


Name the actor who said that!


Ha!


It's a tricky one!


Also,is not Coffeemate chocolate raspberry creamer the best tasting coffee creamer in the entire universe?


I dare you to try and find a better tasting one.


In fact, I double dog dare you.


Pros:


1)  Nothing tastes better in coffee.  Nothing.


2)  It makes the world a better place. 


Cons:


1)  It is expensive when you need to buy a couple of these a week.


2)  I am pretty sure it is bad for you.  But I don't really want to know either way.


3)  It is sabotaging my weight loss efforts.


Yes, I started a diet this week.


And since I have started this diet, all I can think about is pasta, cheese, pizza, cheeseburgers, french fries, and Blizzards from Dairy Queen.


And cheese.


I really want a huge hunk of cheddar cheese.


It is truly a travesty.


But, I need help.


I need a healthier, lower fat way to flavor my coffee.


And don't tell me to drink it black.


I will not listen to you OR your foolish nonsense.


So, please.


Please.


Help my muffin top disappear and tell me how I should flavor my coffee.

8 comments:

  1. Check out these recipes for making your own coffee creamer:
    http://www.recipezaar.com/recipes.php?s_type=%2Frecipes.php&q=coffee+creamer&Search=Search&Searcht=

    I don't know if they're any healthier, but you could always put less sugar in it and pretend it is ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drink my coffee without sugar and with just plain half and half. It's really SO much better that way!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you see my belated response about the espresso flavorings and milk? on our "other" page hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with ya on the wood floors! I HATE mine since having a baby whose white socks are stained black from walking on the wood floors- the minute after I wash them! I swear, you can't REALLY get them cleaned... makes me wonder about how clean my carpet is...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a huge Coffeemate fan, but I may just try the Choco Raspberry, just to see...though I'm in the same boat as you and shouldn't be drinking it. Something we like to do is add powdered hot cocoa mix to our coffee. It adds the cream, sugar, and chocolate. I just looked at the can of my delightful Western Family Rich Cocoa mix to see that it has 1.5 fat grams per serving BUT zero saturated or trans fat and zero cholesterol!! Also, I tend to use a little drip of regular extracts in my coffee to avoid the extra sugar. So a drop of actual vanilla, almond extract, etc. I've used raspberry before, but never with the hot cocoa. Will try tomorrow and report back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say I like the holiday creamers better like the peppermint mocha and the eggnog, but for a year round creamer I do agree that the chocolate raspberry is the best. I don't know if it is healthier, but I use 2% milk and a little torani syrup to flavor my coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, can't you just allow youself one pleasure?? :) As for the double dog dare: two months out of every year those creamer companies come out with Chocolate Mint Truffle/Peppermint Mocha coffee creamer. Normally, Choc Rasp is my favorite, but for these two months, peppermint is IT!! That's my dare-it's better, girl!! :) Try it.....:) I just went to the dentist today, and was told drinking coffee creamer is like sucking on a hard candy all day hence my 3 cavities!! They said it is awful for teeth. Stupid me for mentioning anything. Anyway, on Saturday, you'll see good ways to cook with less fat and it tastes awesome-I promise!! :) Can't wait to see you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. unrelated sorta: Target's brand Market Pantry coffee is only $5.94 for the big can and tastes better than other store brands I've tried. I think it is a real find. I know there are clear coffee flavorings. They are sort of like extracts, you can get all the flavor without all the cream, sugar, and palm oils and hydrogenated fat etc. Add some splenda or sweet n low and you can use powdered milk ( great to have on hand for recipes and when u can't make it to grocery store). I decided I'd rather get my calories from food and not drink so I drink mine plain and save flavors for a dessert treat. I haven't tried choc rasp, maybe I better not. I like the hazelnut. Bye mudder

    ReplyDelete